Find out everything that you need to know about Drunk Elephant Hair Care and Drunk Elephant Body Care in this Drunk Elephant hair care and body care review.
In my Drunk Elephant reviews, you will find out how to use Drunk Elephant products, all the details on Drunk Elephant hair products, is Drunk Elephant worth the money and what are the best Drunk Elephant products.
I was so excited when the Drunk Elephant hair care line launched. I have been using Drunk Elephant skin care for many years now and truly love the Drunk Elephant skin care. I wrote another detailed Drunk Elephant review on Drunk Elephant skin care. I am linking the blog post here in case you are also looking for a review on Drunk Elephant skin care. I highly recommend you read through after you are finished here.
In this Drunk Elephant Review, I am focused on Drunk Elephant hair care and Drunk Elephant body care.
My Drunk Elephant Hair Care reviews include a:
- Drunk Elephant shampoo review (Cocomino Glossing Shampoo)
- Drunk Elephant conditioner review (Cocomino Marula Cream Conditioner)
- Drunk Elephant wild marula tangle spray review
- Drunk Elephant Hair Scrub review
- My Drunk Elephant Body Care reviews include a:
- Drunk Elephant body cleanser review (Kamili Cream Body Cleanser)
- Drunk Elephant body lotion review (Sili Body Lotion)
- Drunk Elephant body scrub review (Sugared Koffie Almond Milk Body Scrub)
I have tried all of these Drunk Elephant hair care and Drunk Elephant body products and I am so excited to share my Drunk Elephant reviews with you. I’m going to start off with my Drunk Elephant hair care reviews.
My Drunk Elephant Hair Care Reviews
I love trying out new hair products and really putting them to the test with my hair. If you peek around my website, you will see my hair and know that I cannot just use any hair care products, otherwise things get VERY frizzy!
Overall, I was very impressed with the Drunk Elephant hair care line and do think Drunk Elephant hair products are worth it.
Drunk Elephant Shampoo Review-Cocomino Glossing Shampoo
I am going to start my Drunk Elephant hair care reviews with a Drunk Elephant shampoo review. At this time, there is only one Drunk Elephant shampoo called Drunk Elephant Cocomino Glossing Shampoo. The Drunk Elephant shampoo comes in a standard 8oz size and a new value 25oz size. I started with the smaller 8oz size and now have the value 25oz. I like how the Drunk Elephant Cocomino Glossing Shampoo comes with a pump so it is easy to get the shampoo out.
Drunk Elephant shampoo is sulfate-free and color-safe. It is known for adding shine to your hair, hence the name Drunk Elephant Glossing shampoo. Drunk Elephant Shampoo was made with both the scalp and hair in mind.
A recent new hair care focus in the hair care industry has been on scalp care. Drunk Elephant have also incorporated this into their new shampoo as their new Cocomino Shampoo works to remove dirt and product buildup without damaging the hair shaft or stripping color. I can attest that Drunk Elephant shampoo is really gentle on the hair and scalp.
As there is only one Drunk Elephant shampoo, it is made for all hair types including straight, curly, wavy and coily. The Drunk Elephant Shampoo is also suitable for fine, medium or thick hair. The next part of this Drunk Elephant shampoo review is going to be all about the ingredients.
There are 3 ingredients in this Drunk Elephant shampoo that I want to highlight:
- Drunk Elephant shampoo contains Marula Butter. Marula Butter is a very pure, concentrated butter derived from marula oil which is rich in antioxidant polyphenols, lipids and fatty acids. These ingredients work to moisturize both the skin and hair.
- Another key ingredient in the Drunk Elephant Shampoo is Coconut Amino-Acid Blend. The Coconut alkanes provide shine, smoothness, and hydration benefits. The amino acids add strength and improved manageability, giving hair a healthier appearance.
- The final notable ingredient in this Drunk Elephant Shampoo is Mongongo Oil. Mongongo oil is rich in vitamin E and polyunsaturated fatty acids. Mongongo oil is a really moisturizing oil.
Now that you know all about the great ingredients in Drunk Elephant shampoo, I want to tell you a little about how to use Drunk Elephant Shampoo.
How to use Drunk Elephant Shampoo:
- Apply the Drunk Elephant Cocomino Shampoo to wet hair and massage in
- Add a little more water to get it really sudsy. I find the Drunk Elephant shampoo lathers really well and I have a lot of hair to cover.
- Rinse the Drunk Elephant shampoo well and do not repeat.
- I have my review of the Drunk Elephant Conditioner below. It is recommended to follow with the Drunk Elephant Cocomino Marula Cream Conditioner for best results.
My Overall Drunk Elephant Shampoo review
Overall, I really like the Drunk Elephant Shampoo. My Drunk Elephant Shampoo review is positive! It is currently the shampoo that I have in my bathtub and I am really enjoying the larger size. I find it lathers well and I get a good few days between washes. If you don’t want to buy the full sized bottle of Drunk Elephant Shampoo, scroll to the end to find out how you can get a smaller size of this Drunk Elephant Shampoo (hint: it’s the Drunk Elephant Littles)
My next Drunk Elephant hair care review is the Drunk Elephant Cocomino Marula Cream Conditioner
My Drunk Elephant Conditioner Review
Drunk Elephant conditioner is very similar to the Drunk Elephant shampoo in that it is suitable for straight, curly, wavy and coily hair. Drunk Elephant conditioner is also suitable for fine, medium and thick hair.
Drunk Elephant has one hair conditioner, the Drunk Elephant Cocomino Marula Cream Conditioner. I was able to use this conditioner even with really thick, curly hair. I do need a hair mask once per week so alternated between this Drunk Elephant Conditioner and a hair mask. Drunk Elephant don’t have a hair mask just yet (I would say give it time and they will have one!)
Drunk Elephant Cocomino Marula Cream Conditioner is a concentrated blend of non-fragrant plant oils and butters that work to nourish, soften, smooth, and detangle hair while protecting against heat styling and color. Everything that you could want from this Drunk Elephant conditioner.
The special ingredients in the Drunk Elephant conditioner are the same as the Drunk Elephant Shampoo that I called out in my Drunk Elephant shampoo review above.
How to use the Drunk Elephant Conditioner
- Use Drunk Elephant conditioner like any other regular conditioner. Use after shampooing your hair and you can add from roots to ends. As I mentioned at the beginning of my Drunk Elephant hair care reviews, the Drunk Elephant hair care line was formulated with both the scalp and the hair in mind.
- Comb Drunk Elephant conditioner through from roots to ends to disperse evenly. Wait a minute or so before rinsing to allow Drunk Elephant’s conditioner to work it’s magic.
- Rinse the Drunk Elephant Conditioner well.
- You can also use Drunk Elephant Conditioner as a leave-in treatment. I always wash it out after using it.
- You can also mix the Drunk Elephant Conditioner with Drunk Elephant Wild Marula Tangle Spray (sold separately) for a very soft, weightless finish. This also helps against the damage by heat styling.
Overall Review of Drunk Elephant Conditioner
Again, this conditioner really proved that it is a great, hydrating conditioner when I put it to the test. I used both the Drunk Elephant Shampoo and the Drunk Elephant Conditioner together which is recommended. I am really impressed by the Drunk Elephant hair care products.
My overall review of the Drunk Elephant Conditioner is very positive. If you don’t want to buy the full sized bottle of Drunk Elephant Conditioner, scroll to the end to find out how you can get a smaller size of this Drunk Elephant Conditioner (hint: it’s the Drunk Elephant Littles)
I just briefly touched on the next product that I am going to discuss in my Drunk Elephant Hair care reviews: Drunk Elephant Wild Marula Tangle Spray
Drunk Elephant Wild Marula Tangle Spray Review
I tried Drunk Elephant Wild Marula Tangle Spray at the same time as the Drunk Elephant Shampoo and Drunk Elephant Conditioner. I was very pleasantly surprised. My hair gets very tangled, particularly at the back of my hair as it’s more prone to me tossing and turning at night.
I spritzed the Drunk Elephant hair detangler on my wet hair and was able to brush through very easily. I left the Drunk Elephant Wild Marula Tangle Spray in after washing my hair. My hair also had such a nice shine after using all of these products together.
Drunk Elephant Wild Marula Tangle Spray comes in one size which is a 4oz bottle. This should last you quite some time. I still have lots left and you see the size of my hair!
Drunk Elephant have again only one Drunk Elephant Detangle spray which is suitable for curly, straight, wavy and coily hair. The Drunk Elephant spray is a weightless leave-in mist that detangles, smooths, and provides heat protection while restoring natural movement, manageability, and shine.
I definitely noticed more shine and manageability. As I kept using Drunk Elephant Wild Marula Tangle Spray over the weeks, I noticed that my hair got more manageable over time.
How to use Drunk Elephant Wild Marula Tangle Spray
- Shake the bottle of Drunk Elephant Detangler spray before using
- Towel dry your hair and spray Drunk Elephant Wild Marula Tangle Spray evenly over towel-dried hair
- Then, comb the Drunk Elephant Detangler spray through your hair.
- This is a leave in detangler spray so no need to rinse.
- As I mentioned in my Drunk Elephant Conditioner review above, you can mix the detangler spray with the Drunk Elephant conditioner and leave both in for a leave in treatment. This is particularly good if your hair is feeling extra dry or you need to protect against heat styling.
Overall Drunk Elephant Detangle spray review
This Drunk Elephant Detangle spray really worked to soften my hair and it was easy to comb through. To test the product, I sprayed on one side and combed through and then combed through on the other side without spraying.
There was a noticeable difference and the Drunk Elephant Detangle spray really made it easier to get through the tangles. If you don’t want to buy the full sized bottle of Drunk Elephant Wild Marula Tangle Spray, scroll to the end to find out how you can get a smaller size of this Drunk Elephant Tangle spray (hint: it’s the Drunk Elephant Littles)
I am nearly done with all of my Drunk Elephant Hair Care reviews. We are onto my final Drunk Elephant hair care review; Drunk Elephant TLC Happi Scalp Scrub review
Drunk Elephant Hair Scrub review
I have to say that the Drunk Elephant Hair Scrub is one of my favorite of the Drunk Elephant hair care products. I really love the texture of Drunk Elephant TLC Happi Scalp Scrub and the results from Drunk Elephant Hair Scrub.
I do love all the Drunk Elephant hair products but if you are picking one, then I really love this Drunk Elephant Hair Scrub. I started using scalp care almost two years ago and I have noticed a huge difference in my hair growth and my scalp.
To put it short, Drunk Elephant TLC Happi Scalp Scrub is like an exfoliator for your scalp. Your scalp benefits from exfoliation as does your face. It’s so beneficial to use a scalp exfoliator to remove product buildup, target itchy scalp or target dry flakes.
Again the Drunk Elephant exfoliator is suitable for curly, wavy, straight, coily hair types and is also suitable for fine, medium or thick hair. This Drunk Elephant hair exfoliator is a AHA/BHA acid blend that breaks down and dissolves dead skin cells and product buildup. As well as the acid blend, there are also biodegradable, gentle exfoliating beads, which work to sweep any dead skin cells and product build up away.
How to use Drunk Elephant Exfoliator Hair Scrub
- Before showering when hair is dry, apply Drunk Elephant Happi Scalp Scrub to a dry scalp and massage.
- Allow Drunk Elephant Happi Scalp Scrub to sit for 10 minutes or more.
- Rinse Drunk Elephant TLC Happi Scalp Scrub thoroughly for a minute or two and follow with Drunk Elephant Cocomino Shampoo and Drunk Elephant Conditioner (both sold separately). This step is not completely necessary but best results come if you use all three products when washing your hair.
- You can use Drunk Elephant Happi Scalp Scrub one to two times per week. I personally only use this once per week at a max as that is enough for me.
- To get the most out of your products, you can also use Drunk Elephant TLC Happi Scalp Scrub on your body and face. When using the Happi Scalp Scrub on the face, follow the directions above. After washing the Drunk Elephant TLC Happi Scalp Scrub away, you can continue with your nighttime routine.
Things that you should know before trying out Drunk Elephant TLC Happi Scalp Scrub
- Use Drunk Elephant Hair Scrub during the night time only
- Use Drunk Elephant Hair Scalp Scrub only as directed. Only leave on for max 10 minutes and wash off well.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- If you notice any irritation, stop using the product and consult a physician.
- Make sure you use sunscreen daily while using this product and for a week after stopping use.
- You can refer to the package instructions before applying the product also.
My overall Drunk Elephant Hair Scrub Review
As I mentioned in my Drunk Elephant hair review above, this is one of my favorite Drunk Elephant hair products. I love it! If you are using this product, be mindful of the instructions and follow carefully. If you don’t want to buy the full sized bottle of Drunk Elephant hair exfoliator, scroll to the end to find out how you can get a smaller size of this Drunk Elephant Scalp Exfoliator (hint: it’s the Drunk Elephant Littles)
That finishes my Drunk Elephant hair care reviews. I really hope that you enjoyed reading about Drunk Elephant hair care and how to use Drunk Elephant products. Drunk Elephant products are worth it as you can tell from these positive Drunk Elephant hair care reviews. The Drunk Elephant hair care line is very unique in that it is suitable for all hair types, is part of the Clean at Sephora range and is also cruelty free.
Drunk Elephant hair care is only sold at Sephora so all of my links for the products go there.
I mentioned at the very beginning of my Drunk Elephant Reviews that this was a Drunk Elephant hair and body review. Now that I am complete with all my Drunk Elephant hair care reviews, I have three Drunk Elephant body products that I want to review.
Drunk Elephant body products review
- Drunk Elephant body cleanser review (Kamili Cream Body Cleanser)
- Drunk Elephant body lotion review (Sili Body Lotion)
- Drunk Elephant body scrub review (Sugared Koffie Almond Milk Body Scrub)
I am going to first start off with the Drunk Elephant body cleanser review (Kamili Cream Body Cleanser).
Drunk Elephant body cleanser review (Kamili Cream Body Cleanser)
I used to buy cheaper body wash/body cleanser until I became a little more aware of what was in them. I was a little shocked so I have been using “clean” body wash and body cleanser. I was so happy to try this Drunk Elephant Kamili Cream Body Cleanser for my Drunk Elephant body reviews.
Drunk Elephant Kamili Cream Body Cleanser is another positive Drunk Elephant review. I was really impressed by the texture of Drunk Elephant Kamili Cream Body Cleanser and also the scent of Drunk Elephant Kamili Cream Body Cleanser. It has an almond smell which I really love.
Drunk Elephant Kamili Cream Body Cleanser comes in one size – an 8oz bottle which lasts a surprisingly long time.
Drunk Elephant Kamili cream body cleanser gently cleanses using lots of mild surfactants. Drunk Elephant Kamili cream body cleanser also has plant oils and restorative amino acids which work to visibly replenish and soothe. It is a very hydrating body cleanser.
Three special ingredients-Drunk Elephant Kamili cream body cleanser
- Drunk Elephant Kamili cream body cleanser contains Passionfruit Oil or maracuja oil. This is what allows Drunk Elephant Kamili cream body cleanser to moisturize and soothe the skin.
- Drunk Elephant Kamili cream body cleanser also has a Multi-Amino-Acid Blend that I mentioned above. These also help to soothe and moisturize the skin.
- The final special ingredient in Drunk Elephant Kamili cream body cleanser is it’s Mild Surfactant Blend. These cleansing agents work together to make a rich foam that removes dirt and other substances from your skin without stripping or drying.
How to use Drunk Elephant Kamili cream body cleanser
- Drunk Elephant Kamili cream body cleanser is used like any other body cleanser or shower gel – apply to wet skin, massage gently and rinse.
- You can use Drunk Elephant Kamili cream body cleanser, then after your shower, follow with Sili Body Lotion for really moisturized skin.
My overall review of Drunk Elephant Kamili cream body cleanser
As I am writing a review on all my favorite Drunk Elephant hair and body products, I also really love the Drunk Elephant Kamili cream body cleanser. It is a bit more expensive than regular drug store or grocery store bought body washes. It is filled with good-for-you ingredients which makes it more expensive. In my opinion, it is worth it as what you put on your body is very important.
This leads me into my second Drunk Elephant body product review: my Drunk Elephant body lotion review.
Drunk Elephant Body Lotion review
Drunk Elephant Body Lotion is an extension of the Drunk Elephant skin care line which I wrote about in depth in this blog post. As you will see from my Drunk Elephant skin care reviews, I have been using Drunk Elephant lotions for years and years. I always have Drunk Elephant products in my skin care routine.
I was very excited when Drunk Elephant brought out a body lotion as I was eager to see if the Drunk Elephant body lotion was as good as the regular skin care products. After using multiple bottles of Drunk Elephant body lotion, I can confirm that this Drunk Elephant product is worth it.
The Drunk Elephant body lotion is really hydrating, smells amazing, does not leave a sticky residue and lasts a long time. Drunk Elephant body lotion is like skin care for your body. The Drunk Elephant Sili body lotion visibly restores dull, dry, and irritable skin into a healthier-looking, more balanced state.
Three very special ingredients used in Drunk Elephant Sili Body Lotion
- Drunk Elephant lotion has Marula Butter which is a pure, concentrated butter derived from marula oil. It is rich in antioxidant polyphenols, lipids, and fatty acids to moisturize skin. These ingredients in the Drunk Elephant lotion provide powerful barrier protection.
- Drunk Elephant lotion also has a Five-Ceramide Blend which are derived from plant sources. These ceramides are identical to the wax-like moisturizing substance that occurs naturally in skin. Ceramides help fill in the spaces between skin cells. This results in giving them the appearance of elasticity. This in turn supports the skin barrier by helping to keep the moisture balance of skin in addition to preventing water loss.
- The final special ingredient in Drunk Elephant lotion is Shea Butter. I love products with Shea butter. Shea butter really works to protect the skin.
My overall Drunk Elephant Body Lotion review
I love Drunk Elephant Body Lotion. Drunk Elephant Body Lotion is hydrating and worth it. I have tried out a lot of body lotions in the past and this Drunk Elephant Body Lotion is really hydrating.
My final Drunk Elephant Body Review is the newest Drunk Elephant body product: Drunk Elephant Sugared Koffie Almond Milk Body Scrub
Drunk Elephant Sugared Koffie Almond Milk Body Scrub Review
I love a good body scrub, it is so therapeutic and I really notice a difference after I use a scrub and follow with a moisturizer. It is important to have a good body scrub in your skin care routine in order to remove dead skin cells. If you are using expensive body lotion without using a body scrub on a regular basis, then some of your money is going down the drain.
The new Drunk Elephant Sugared Koffie Almond Milk Body Scrub is a moisturizing body scrub which works to nourishes your skin while buffing dry spots, gently sweeping away dead skin cells without disrupting your skin barrier. This Drunk Elephant scrub is gentle enough to use on your skin whenever you need it. I try to do a body scrub weekly.
The warmer months are here and a body scrub is great for taking off dead skin cells before tanning or applying self tan. Your self tan will go on much smoother after you use a body scrub. I always use my body scrub 1-2 days before I self tan.
The smell of this Drunk Elephant scrub is exactly how it sounds. If you have tried the other Drunk Elephant hair and body products, they all smell very similar; almond. This Drunk Elephant body scrub smells like almond with a hint of coffee.
3 special ingredients in this Drunk Elephant Body scrub
- Drunk Elephant Sugared Koffie Almond Milk Body Scrub contains Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Oil which is rich in free-radical-fighting caffeine and antioxidant phenolic compounds.
- Drunk Elephant Sugared Koffie Almond Milk Body Scrub also contains Sucrose which is raw sugar. This is used for mild physical exfoliating and it also has quick melting properties.
- Drunk Elephant Sugared Koffie Almond Milk Body Scrub also has an Almond Milk Blend which is used for nourishing and skin-soothing properties.
This pot of Drunk Elephant Sugared Koffie Almond Milk Body Scrub will last you ages.
How to use Drunk Elephant Sugared Koffie Almond Milk Body Scrub
- To use this Drunk Elephant Scrub, scoop out a generous amount and massage over the body on damp skin. I focus on areas that get dry like my knees, elbows and ankles. This keeps these areas really hydrated.
- Rinse the Drunk Elephant Sugar Scrub well and pat dry.
- I generally will do a scrub every week or so. I don’t have a set schedule but there is no need to use this Drunk Elephant body scrub everyday. Every week should be more than enough.
- Shop Drunk Elephant Sugared Koffie Almond Milk Body Scrub
My overall Drunk Elephant Body Scrub Review
As I mentioned in my Drunk Elephant Body Scrub Review above, I really like to include a body scrub in my skin care routine so this is the perfect new product from Drunk Elephant. I recommend this if you have any dryness and use body lotion regularly. Similar to exfoliating your face, you need to exfoliate your body. I love the smell of this Drunk Elephant body care also.
More top tips to keep your hair in amazing condition
Hair is most vulnerable when it is wet so it is important that you treat it with care when drying it (no vigorous hair drying with a towel)! I love the new Cozy Earth hair towel. It ties neatly on your head and allows the water to soak into the towel with no rubbing. This saves your hair mechanical damage. My Cozy Earth discount code LORNARYAN40 gets you 40% off everything on Cozy Earth including this hair towel.
I also LOVE their new silk pillowcase. It is so soft and gentle on your hair. Friction with cotton also causes breakage so a silk pillowcase is a great investment. Silk pillowcases also help with reducing frizz. Curly hair tends to get frizzy with the friction of cotton, but silk will help the hair glide instead. You can get this silk pillowcase for 40% off using my Cozy Earth discount code LORNARYAN40 for a limited time. Read more about the benefits of silk pillowcases.
Drunk Elephant Hair Care and Body Care
We have reached the end of both my Drunk Elephant hair care review and my Drunk Elephant body care review. As you can see, I really think Drunk Elephant is an amazing brand.
I started using Drunk Elephant products in 2017 and always have Drunk Elephant products in my bathroom. I have a really detailed Drunk Elephant Review on my favorite Drunk Elephant skin care products here if you want to browse Drunk Elephant reviews some more.
If you don’t fancy investing in full sized products, I want to tell you about one amazing product before you leave this Drunk Elephant review:
Drunk Elephant The Littles Skin Care Travels Set
I wrote a full review here on all the best Drunk Elephant Littles and it includes the Drunk Elephant Skin Care Travels Set.
The Drunk Elephant Littles are small versions of Drunk Elephant products that allow you to try out Drunk Elephant products, gift Drunk Elephant Littles or have mini versions of your favorite Drunk Elephant products so you can bring these Drunk Elephant Littles traveling with you.
There are so many Drunk Elephant skin care products to choose from so it can be hard to narrow down your choice without feeling like you are missing out. Drunk Elephant Littles are only available at Sephora.
The Drunk Elephant littles have all of the essentials that you need and nearly all of the hero Drunk Elephant products.
Here is exactly what is in the Drunk Elephant Littles Skin Care Travels Set
- 0.3 oz/ 9 mL C-Firma™ Fresh Day Serum
- 0.5 oz/ 15 mL Protini™ Polypeptide Cream
- 0.5 oz/ 15 mL Umbra Sheer™ Physical Daily Defense SPF 30
- 0.27 oz/ 8 mL T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum
- 2 oz/ 60 mL Beste™ No. 9 Jelly Cleanser
- 0.27 oz/ 8 mL Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil
If you want more information on all the Drunk Elephant Littles gift sets, then read my full Drunk Elephant Littles review HERE.
I hope you enjoyed my Drunk Elephant Hair Care Reviews and my Drunk Elephant Body Reviews.