In this post, I’m sharing the best blush brush for easy application and professional-looking results.
The right blush can take your everyday makeup to the next level! Just a pinch of color to the apples of the cheeks makes you look brighter, youthful, and full of life. In order to achieve these beautiful effects, you need the perfect blush brush to match!
The best makeup brushes will make blush application easy, giving you light, flawless coverage. A good blush brush will also give you the power of precision, applying your blush based on personal preference to enhance your personal style.
Today, I’m rounding up my top picks for the best blush brushes available. I’ve also included personalized recommendations for your needs with tips on how to match your blush to the perfect brush.
After this post, make sure to check out all of my favorite peachy blushes to find your perfect shade.
The Best Blush Brushes – What to Look For
When finding the best blush brush for your needs, it depends on a few factors. You’ll need to consider:
- Brush Shape – The right brush will work for your application, not against it. Popular shapes include stippling, fluffy, tapered, and angled blush brushes (I give lots of options below).
- Intended Application – Keep in mind your face shape and how a makeup brush can enhance your natural features. Are you looking for an all-over flush or a precise application?
- Blush Formula – Most importantly, you need to match your brush with your blush formula. Any professional makeup artist will tell you that matching your tools to your makeup is the best way to achieve a flawless finish. Is your blush cream, gel, liquid, or powder? The material of your brush head needs to pair with your blush formula. Synthetic bristles and natural fibers will work differently depending on the kind of blush
Best Blush Brush for Cream Blushes
If you favor cream blushes, a denser brush is your best bet. A dense brush works well with cream products because it localizes the blush at the tip for precise application.
Dense bristles also ensure you’re not wasting product as it won’t soak deep into the brush.
Brush shape is based on application, though a fluffy brush is better suited for powder products.
For all liquid formulas, including liquid blush, gel blush, and cream blush, I recommend using synthetic brushes. Synthetic bristles are less absorbent, so they won’t soak up all of your blush before it gets applied!
This principle goes for all cream products in your makeup bag; keep it in mind when choosing a foundation or concealer brush as well!
Best Blush Brush for Powder Blushes
With powder blushes, you have a bit more freedom in blush shape.
For a lightweight color across the apples of your cheeks, a fluffy brush works well. Fluffy bristles give a natural flush to your skin tone when applied with a light hand.
You can also use a brush with a tapered tip or angled shape for better precision, working with the shape of your face to enhance your cheekbones, nose, and temples.
A good powder brush should have soft bristles made from synthetic or natural hair.
Natural bristles are often made from sable, squirrel, or goat hair and are ideal for setting powder, powder foundation brushes, and powder blush brushes. The bristles contain cuticles that make blending a dream, picking up product easily and buffing them into the skin.
For a vegan option, synthetics are perfectly okay to use as long as they are soft and light.
The Best Blush Brush – My Favorite Brushes
Now that you know how to choose the right blush brush for your makeup bag, it’s time to get shopping!
A good blush brush can make all the difference to your beauty regimen. So, I’ve rounded up my favorite brushes for your disposal.
#1 Best Blush Brush – SEPHORA COLLECTION | Cheek Brushes
For a budget-friendly price point with professional-looking results, I highly recommend a Sephora Collection blush brush.
These brushes are extremely lightweight, made with extended aluminum ferrules for easy use. They’re also 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
A few I recommend for blush:
- SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #99 – The spade-like brush head allows for precise application and blending, making it the perfect tool for blush, contour, and powder application. Slightly dense, the soft bristles are perfect for cream blush.
- SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #96 – The rounded brush head and soft bristles allow you to easily apply and build color to the apple of the cheeks, leaving the perfect deposit of color.
- SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #93 – For a more targeted application, I recommend this tapered blush brush. This brush adds color and sculpts the cheekbone area in a single swipe. The slanted, angled design easily hugs the contours of the face for even, precise application. Perfect for powder blush.
Sephora Collection brushes are some of the best Sephora products!
#2 Best Blush Brush – PATRICK TA | Blush Brush
This Patrick Ta blush brush is an amazing multi-use tool, offering beautifully blended results. A multipurpose complexion brush, perfect for applying blush, powder, bronzer, and highlighter.
This blush brush has cruelty-free synthetic fibers that are crimped and treated to mimic the product pickup of natural hair. Its tulip shape allows for a natural, seamless application.
#3 Best Blush Brush – RARE BEAUTY | Soft Pinch Blush Brush
Whoever said the perfect brush doesn’t exist obviously hasn’t tried this Rare Beauty blush brush!
This synthetic brush is compact with dense bristles that are wonderful for liquid blush formulas. The angled shape makes it super easy to sweep color up your cheekbones for a snatched appearance.
#4 Best Blush Brush – Makeup By Mario | F1 Makeup Brush
For professional-looking results, I highly recommend a Makeup by Mario blush brush.
This multi-use brush perfectly applies and blends cream complexion makeup products, including foundation, concealer, blush, bronzer, contour, and highlighter, for the most flawless, even finish.
It features the highest-quality patent-pending bristles, which mimic the feel and effects of natural hair. This blush brush can be your one top shop!
#5 Best Blush Brush – BEAUTY BLENDER | Makeup Sponge
While technically not a brush, the Beauty Blender deserves a special shoutout any time we’re talking about makeup application.
This beauty sponge is one-of-a-kind, providing even, well-blended coverage for just about any makeup product in your collection.
Use a damp beauty blender to dab cream, gel, or liquid blush over the high points of your face. The results are perfectly blended, slightly subdued, and super pretty.
#6 Best Blush Brush – HOURGLASS | Powder Brushes
Hourglass is a brand known for their incredible powder products, from blushes to finishing powders. And their matching brushes are just as impressive!
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Finishing Brush No. 7 – This brush is incredibly full and lush. Use it to dust powder blush around your face for a youthful glow.
- Foundation/Blush Brush No. 2 Brush – This blush brush is double-ended, perfect for both precise and lightweight applications. The bristles are synthetic and vegan and work best with powder formulas.
- Powder Brush No. 1 – A rounded brush is always a winner in my books because it’s so multi-functional. This classic shape allows good precision when applying blush, allowing you to build coverage as you buff.
#7 Best Blush Brush – FENTY BEAUTY | Face Shaping Brush
I love this Fenty Beauty brush for blush application because it can be used for both cream and powder formulas. The angled shape works with the natural contours of your face, applying an even sweep of color to your cheeks.
The bristles are super plush and dense, picking up pigment easily for a quick application.
Best of all, this brush has lots of different uses and would also work well with loose powder, highlighter, and bronzer.
Final Thoughts: The Best Blush Brush for Flawless Results
That covers all you need to know about finding the best blush brush for your ultimate beauty routine! Whether you’re looking for a natural flush or a serious burst of color, these brushes will give you the results you’ve been looking for.